Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday's Eating For Energy

Up early again this morning (although it was really tough getting out of bed). Tuesday mornings are always hard because there's usually a boat load of stuff I need to do...

-get breakfast ready for myself, Rozanne & the kids
-get lunches ready
-pack my snacks
-get the garbage sorted and out to the curb

I did all the above this morning EXCEPT the garbage (the city workers here in Toronto are on strike, so nobody's collecting garbage right now). Just in time for the summer weather. Now the entire city will smell great.

On a brighter note, I just put a downloadable interview up on my other BLOG with my friend Yuri Elkaim where we really break down plant-based diets. You can download that interview for FREE HERE...

=>FitAndBusyDad Interview with Yuri Elkaim

I've implemented several of Yuri's strategies to get more plants (fruits & veggies) into my diet with great success. I suggest you listen to the interview (you can download it onto your iPod) and see what you can pull out of it.

No workout today. AJ's "5th Grade Graduation" is this afternoon, so my day is cut short. I've done a lot of walking and am on my bike today (it's beautiful outside), so that'll count for my activity.

Here's what I've eaten today so far...

5:30am - Bowl of Ezekial cereal w/1/2 cup organic cocnut milk & a banana

8am - handful of pecans, an apple & green tea

11am - double espresso from Dark Horse Cafe in Toronto & lots of water

I'll be heading home as soon as I finish some studying and then I'll have lunch before we head over to AJ's school for graduation.

Tonight will be challenge because AJ has a game and we always go out afterwards to celebrate (it's also my father-in-law's birthday today). Either way - if I eat crappy or not - I'll let you know.

Have a great day,
Chris

PS Don't forget to check out that interview...

=>FitAndBusyDad Interview with Yuri Elkaim

No comments: