Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday Deadlift Workout & Nutrition

***My NEW BLOG is now up and running at FitAndBusyDadBLOG.com. Please excuse the mess as it will be a constant work in progress. I'll be posting articles and videos there quite often, so please check it out HERE. I'll still be posting on this blog, but it will be more of my everyday stuff - mainly workouts & nutrition - just so I can stay accountable to you guys. So, make sure to bookmark both so that you get the most out of your FitAndBusyDad Experience***

I just got back from the gym and am about to break my 24hr fast.

I like fasting on my deadlift days because I always seem to be able to go heavier on no food. Huh?

Hey, I'm no rocket scientist so I won't bother explaining why. It just works, so I do it.

Nothing, obviously, to report on the nutrition front today other than a cup of green tea in the morning around 5:30am while I was sitting on the porch writing an article. And then a double espresso @ 2pm from my favorite cafe Dark Horse Espresso Bar on Queen East here in Toronto.

After that, I hit the gym for this workout...

Hang Clean - 5 @ 135; 5 @ 155
High Pull - 7 @ 165; 7 @ 175
Shrug Pull - 7 @ 225; 7 @ 245
Deadlift (mixed grip) - 5 @ 315 x 2
135lb Deadlifts - 1 x 25

Then I finished with some facepulls and some dips for fun...just 2 sets each with no rest in between.

I'm home now and just made myself a shake...

-1 cup organic coconut milk
-1 cup blueberries
-1 banana
-1 tsp maca powder
-1 tsp cocoa nibs
-1 scoop Vega vegetable protein
-water

Now I'm going to hit the road to pick-up Rozanne and the girls and then I'll take AJ to soccer practice. Maybe grab some gelato with her afterward. I'm packing some carrots & hummus for the drive.

CL
the F&BD

No comments: