Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday's Workout & Nutrition

Yesterday was my first workout back in the gym after a couple of weeks of bodyweight, kettlebell & sandbag workouts.

I really focused on taking things nice and easy really "re-introducing" my body to squatting again.

Here's what went down...

1) Front Squats - worked up to 3 x 8 @ 135

2) Chin-ups - 5, 5 @ 35lbs, 4 @ 45lbs, 10

3a) Dips - 2 x 12
3b) BB Bicep Curls - 2 x 12 @ 75lbs

Done.

Training time (including warm-up) = 32 minutes

Here's what I ate yesterday...

530am - Organic sprouted grain cereal w/coconut milk & banana; 2 cups green tea

730am - 1 tsp coconut oil

1030am - apple, cashew butter, coconut flakes, cocoa nibs, pecans

1pm - 1 banana, 1 double espresso

330pm - 500mLs coconut water

5pm - carrots & hummus

Tonight, I get a treat because Rozanne's making dinner -
Lasagne from Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook (I think it's got cauliflower & sweet potato in it?). I'll have that w/an arugula salad and 1/2 an avocado.

Practice with AJ's team tonight and then an early bedtime. Up again at 5am tomorrow.

Chris
The FitAndBusyDad


No comments: