Sunday, May 23, 2010

How the heck do I NOT use my upper body?

Great night last night!

After picking up the rest of the crew, we chilled out in the afternoon and then packed up the van and headed to a double bill at Drive-In Movie Theatre...all 7 of us. It was fun. We saw both the new Shrek movie and the new Iron Man.

The kids ended up falling asleep in the back and we didn't get home until 1am, but it was all worth it because it was one of those nights that you know they'll remember.

It was tough getting up at 5am this morning (yes, I even do it on Sundays), so I hit the snooze button a couple of times and finally made it to my feet. I got some work done early and then went to the gym to train a client.

I also managed to get in a lot of foam rolling and stretching and a mini-workout/ab circuit. The gym that I train at has a "land mine", so I can do one of my favorite ab exercises - a Full Contact Twist - without wrecking the corner of a wall. Here's what went down...

1) Ab Wheel x 15
2) Reverse Ab Curl-Up x 15
3) Full Contact Twist x 15/side
4) Tricep Extensions on the rings x 15
5) DB Bicep Curls x 15

I repeated that circuit 3 times and then went home.

The back is feeling much better, but I still won't really do any upper body lifting until Tuesday.

Chris

No comments: