Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday Upper Body Workout

Upper body workout today. I've been using Jim Wendler's 5-3-1 system that I picked up over at elitefts.com.

After speaking to a few people about the book and reading a few reviews about it, I decided to invest $20 and pick up a copy for myself.

The verdict? It's probably the best $20 that I've spent in a long time. I'm big on simplicity and making the most of my time and this book really forces you to keep things simple and do only the things that work.

If you're looking to increase your strength and are willing to put in some good, hard work. Then I suggest you pick this book up.

So onto my workout...

1) Military Press (3 x 5-3-1+)
2a) 1-arm KB press
2b) DB Row
3) Seated Row (1 set x 40 reps)

My ribs and upper back are still bothering me. It's not like it's painful, it's just an annoying kind of feeling. I'll hit the foam roller hard and do lots of t-spine mobility. Hopefully that will alleviate the pain a little.

No comments: