Monday, November 1, 2010

New Program: Kettlebell Muscle



Since it's November 1st today, I'm starting a new program. I'll be training at home (for the most part) doing my buddy, Geoff Neupert's Kettlebell Muscle.

So as to not divulge the intellectual property of the book, I can't post exactly what I'm doing (you'll have to get the book for yourself), but I'll give you some of the training breakthroughs that I experience over the next 6 weeks (maybe more).

Check out Kettlebell Muscle HERE
I'm using double 20kg bells (the program requires that you start with bells that you can comfortably press for 10reps) for the first few weeks and then will re-evaluate after the first phase.

As a trainer, I can't tell you how nice it is to use someone else's program. To not have to think and just do the exercises is a breath of fresh air. Mind you, you need to use the program of someone you trust (and there are less than a handful that fit that bill for me - Craig Ballantyne, Jason Ferruggia, Pavel & Geoff being among the few).

My starting measurements and "before" picture are as follows...

Weight: 167.2lbs
Waist: 32.75"
L Arm: 14"
Shoulders: 46"



The first workout took only 25 minutes and that includes foam rolling, static stretching my hips & pecs, activation and warm-up with double 16kg bells!

I did 4 rounds of the first workout with 2 minutes rest between sets.

The beautiful thing (aside from finishing in 25 minutes) is that I did the workout in my living room (with no kids around).

After the workout, I had this shake....

1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup almond milk
1 banana
1 cup each of berries, mango & frozen spinach
cocoa nibs, chia seeds, maca pdr
1.5 scoops sun warrior protein

My goals are to get up to 175lbs and drop my waist line to 31". I'll do this by eating as much as I want but focusing on fruits, veggies, healthy fats & protein. I'll eat grains, but only around the workout window and/or in the morning. We'll see how that works out.

I'll also fast once per week using Brad Pilon's Eat-Stop-Eat program.

We'll see how it goes over the next 6 weeks or so.

No comments: