Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday's 10 Minute Workout

Ever have one of those days when you know nothing's going to get done?

I had one of those days today. But I promised myself that I would make it a priority to get a workout in...and I did. Albeit it was a quick one.

Here's what went down.

1) Turkish Get-Ups x 20 per arm

I just took my 16kg kettlebell and did 40 TGUs. That took me about 10 minutes.

My shoulders were still sore from yesterday's workout (with the C & P's and the see-saw presses), so I needed something light today (with my limited time and my needed recovery).

Eating was great.

Breakfast shake - coconut milk, berries, mango, banana, spinach, maca powder, cocoa nibs, chia seeds & pea protein (I don't like pea protein as much as I like brown rice protein).

Then I snacked on nuts and fruit and chopped up veggies all day.

Dinner was delicious. I made lettuce wraps (the kids had actual homemade burritos) with black beans, homemade guacamole, red pepper and grass-fed steak that I marinated last night in lime, Braggs, garlic, pepper & bay leaf.

The baby had pureed avocado.

I'm hoping to at least get more done tomorrow - which includes getting up at 5am and doing some writing and then hitting the Riverdale Hill for 6am.

Have a great day!

-Chris

"Real regrets only come from not doing your best. All else is out of your control. You're measured by results only. Trade excuses and "trying" for results, and expect half-hearted results from half-hearted efforts. Do more than is expected of you. Life's easy when you live it the hard way... and hard if you try to live it the easy way."
-Dave Kekich, Kekich Credo #4

No comments: