Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yesterday's Afternoon Workout

I've been on a quest to build some muscle lately so I've been eating a little more than usual and have really been trying to hit the weights hard.

So my plan is to get to the gym (I'm lucky in that I work in one...kind of) and hit the weights 3 x week and then do one recovery workout at home with some fun kettlebell stuff (see my post from Monday).

Yesterday, here's what went down...

1) Weighted Chin-ups, 5 sets (I worked up to 5 reps w/a 60lb DB attached to my waist)

2a) DB Incline Press, 3 sets x 8
2b) DB Row, 3 sets x 12

3a) Full Contact Twist, 3 sets x 15
3b) Face Pull, 3 sets x 15

Why is it that a 60lb DB attached to your waist feels lighter than doing chins with a 45lb weighted vest?

A lot of experts say that I should constantly have food in my mouth if I want to really pack some muscle on.

But, I'm still following my buddy Brad Pilon's EatStopEat plan by fasting once per week because I feel it plays a huge role in regulating my hormones (mainly HGH) and because I just seem so much more productive when I'm fasting.

So TODAY is a fasting day because I have A LOT of work to do.

When I get home tonight, I'm making steak with some brown rice and black beans...a little Mexican flavor today! Can't wait!

Enjoy your day,
CL
The FitAndBusyDad

P.S. My muscle building workouts still follow the FitAndBusyDad principles. My workout yesterday, from start to finish, lasted only 32-minutes!

=>Get started with FitAndBusyDad workouts!

No comments: