Monday, January 19, 2009

Tonight's Workout

I couldn't make it to the gym today, but one of my main goals for this year to make sure that I don't miss a workout. So after the kids went to bed - and during commercials of 24 (Jack Bauer is the MAN!) - I got some fun kettlebell stuff in

...no folks "FUN KETTLEBELL" isn't an oxymoron.

Here's what I did...

Warm-Up - 1-Arm Kettlebell Swings x 20 each arm

1) Turkish Get-Ups 2 sets x 5 reps each side (see video)



2) 1-Arm Windmill (2 x 8 reps each arm)
3) Alternating Renegade Rows (2 x 20 reps)
4) 150 KB Swings (using a 24kg kettlebell)

Done...and then back to work.

I knew Jack Bauer wasn't going to kill the good-looking FBI agent.

CL
The FitAndBusyDad

P.S. Click HERE to get started with the FitAndBusyDad Workouts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,
Thanks for the video on the Turkish Get-Ups...I've seen people do them at the gym, never tried them myself.

One question: what are 1-arm windmills? (arm circles?) And if you don't have a KB, could you use a dumbbell?

Thanks!

Fred

FitAndBusyDad said...

Hi Fred,

I'm getting to your comment late so I'm sorry that I couldn't do a video for the windmill. Here's a clip that I found on YouTube...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zFgqVkP6bZY

And yes, if you don't have a KB a dumbbell is just fine.

Good Luck,
Chris