Friday, November 23, 2007

Today's 20-Minute Blaster

I think everyone in my house is sick (physically having a cold, I mean). I got up to my usual 5am alarm clock to go out and train a client for 6am. Then, I jetted home to stay with my 2-year-old, Frankie, as she has been battling a bad cold since I got home from travelling earlier in the week. My wife will be taking the 2 older ones to school and then head over to the store to prep for a class. I'm on morning duty, she's got afternoons.

So, as always, being the busy dad that I am, I didn't really have that much time to train...or did I? I've been preaching on these 20-minute circuits that I've been doing for a while now. So between folding the laundry and making sure Frankie gets to the bathroom (did I mention she's potty-training right now?) and checking-in on my 3-month-old who's still asleep, I managed to do the following workout...

1) 5-mins of foam rolling (mainly t-spine, lats & glutes), quick static stretching for my hip flexors and a set of 15 stick-ups

KB snatch - Chin-up - Push-up Reverse Ladder
2a) KB snatch (5 x 10, 8, 6, 4, 2) w/54lb KB
2b) Chin-ups
(5 x 10, 8, 6, 4, 2)
2c) Push-ups
(5 x 20, 16, 12, 8, 4)
30s Rest, then repeat

KB Swing/V-Sit Superset x 4
3a) 50 KB Swings w/24kg
3b) 25 V-sits
60s Rest

That's it, quick, simple and (not so) easy.

Baby's up...gotta go!

-CL
Toronto's Top Trainer and THE BUSIEST DAD IN THE WORLD


No comments: