Sunday, March 8, 2009

A NEW 18-minute Workout

So just as I expected, the weekend was as busy as ever and I found it tough to get myself to the gym.

That's why I started the Weekend Workout Challenge...because it uses minimal equipment and it's a great way to get some friendly competition in with the other dads over at the FitAndBusyDad Community thus allowing us some incentive to get that ONE workout in on the weekend.

Since this week's challenge was a lower body workout, I added a chin/pull-up ladder to give myself a full body, bodyweight workout. You should try this workout as well. It killed me and it took me about 18-minutes to complete the whole thing! Here's what went down...

1a) Ladder: 5 reps each of pull-ups, close-grip chin-ups, neutral grip pull-ups and regular chin-ups

1b) Leg Crank from the FBD Weekend Challenge x 4....Times Completed - 1min 22sec, 1m 16s, 1m 7s & 1m 34s

So basically, I did 5 reps of each exercise of the ladder, then a Leg Crank.

Then 4 reps of each exercise on the ladder, then another Leg Crank.

Etc, etc, etc.

All in all, I finished 4 total Leg Cranks and a grand total of 60 chin-ups of various grips...in 18-minutes.

A Great Workout...and on to a NEW Program tomorrow.

Enjoy what's left of your weekend.

CL
The FitAndBusyDad

1 comment:

Andy said...

I need to jump on your challenges, Chris...Looks pretty good!