Happy New Year! It's been quite the year for my family and me. Over the past 12 months there have been a tonne of useful things that I have learned and skills that I have acquired to help make my career and life a lot more productive and fulfilling. Hopefully, some of these ideas will help you make 2008 YOUR BEST YEAR EVER.
10. The more you DO for yourself (through self-improvement, self-reflection, and looking after your health), the more you will BE for those that matter most to you (your friends, family and inner-circle) and as a result, the less you'll need to HAVE (as far as material posessions go), because you'll be fulfilled from the DO and BE. Confused? See number 9 below...
9. TAKE CARE OF YOU. Exercise, get stronger, eat clean, meditate, laugh, spend time with those you love and those who love you. No amount of money or power can ever take the place of being happy with where you are in life. (I seem to learn this one over and over again each year).
8. Take FISH OIL. If you haven't started already, you need to start NOW. Here are some of the effects of fish oil that studies have shown:
-supports testosterone levels and contribute to optimal muscle development
-reduces inflammation in your muscles and joints and speeds recovery time
-decrease triglyceride levels and reduce the risk of heart disease
-increase fat burning and also make it more difficult for your body to store fat
7. The transition from 3 TO 4 KIDS is messed up. Since I'm writing this for all those guys out there like me (dads w/"no time"), here's a warning for you...BRACE YOURSELF IF YOU'RE HAVING #4. If you've got help (nanny, mother or mother-in-law) then your transition may be easier than ours. But my wife and I, for whatever insane reason, like to do things ourselves. So life right now, to put lightly, is FREAKIN' NUTS!
6. Use a FOAM ROLLER. From a Prehab/rehab standpoint, there's no better tool out there to make your muscles feel better. Your body will thank you after a few regular sessions with a foam roller. For a tutorial on how to effectively use this amazing tool, pick-up a copy of Mike Robertson & Bill Hartman's DVD, InsideOut.
Look for the Top 5 in a couple of days!
THE BUSIEST DAD IN THE WORLD