Thursday, September 18, 2008

Friday Morning Upper Body Workout

I just finished a great Turbulence Training upper body workout with my friend Craig Ballantyne from TTmembers.com down in Stamford, CT. We cut out of our morning conference sessions with Vince Delmonte and went over to the local LA Fitness.

Vince (he's a big boy) went off to do his own thing and I was more than happy to be the student and let CB conduct the workout. (I play the "teacher" role for a living, so having someone else lead today was refreshing).

Here's what went down...

1a) DB Military Press 3 x 8 @ 45, 50, 55
1b) Pull-Ups 3 x 13, 9, 7

2a) Barbell Bicep Curls 3 x 8 @ 85, 75, 75
2b) Lying DB Tricep Ext 3 x 8 @ 30, 35, 35

3) TT 3-minute arms (Seated Incline DB Curls & E-Z Bar Tricep Ext) 5 x 5

4a) Face Pull 2 x 15 @ 60, 80
4b) Ab Wheel 2 x 12

5) 135lb Deadlifts x 50 reps (just for fun...hahaha, I won't be walking tomorrow)

It was a great workout, a lot more volume than I'm used to. I've been doing only bodyweight stuff lately, so I'll definitely be sore tomorrow. My bad shoulder was bothering me a bit as well, so I went lighter on the military presses.

I'm glad I got a chance to train and talk to these guys. Both Craig and Vince are very successful trainers and I learned a lot from each one of them (that, and Craig paid for the cab rides and Vince paid for the post workout shakes).

I'll be back to my hotel room workouts on Sunday morning before I leave for the airport.

CL
the FitAndBusyDad

No comments: