Tuesday, April 1, 2008

4-Minutes of Hell

With my fat burning efforts being accelerated as of late, I've been experimenting with different ways of "finishing" my workouts.

One of the best finishers that I've been using are TABATAs. This 4-minute protocol was created by a Japanese sport scientist and encorporates 20s work periods with 10s rest periods. In order to get the most out of them, you absolutely need to use big, multi-joint movements (no bicep curls or calf raises here). If you're at the gym, then try this protocol using either dumbbell thrusters (squat presses) or front squats (it's easier to rack the bar for your rest periods). If you're at home, try using kettlebell swings or if you don't have any equipment, you could do burpees.

Here's the TABATA I did yesterday after my fat burning lifting session to kick my own ass...

1a) Kettlebell Swings x 20s
REST 10s
1b) Spiderman Push-Ups x 20s
Rest 10s
-Repeat 4 times

I was DONE after that.

Get Lean,
CL

No comments: