Friday, August 1, 2008

Big Snatch Friday!!!

Yes, you read that correctly. It's not a typo.

No, it's not what you think.

Every Friday for the next little while I'm going to be doing a KETTLEBELL SNATCH workout routine. I'd like to eventually do my Russian Kettlebell Challenge (RKC) Certification and one of the prerequisites is for me to do 56 KB snatches in a row with a 24kg kettlebell.

So, I'm going to try to increase my numbers as the weeks go by. I'll be doing a Charles Staley EDT style workout to start where I'll do as many snatches I can within a 15-minute period in sets of 1 to 5 reps switching arms after each set.

So since today's my first day (and I'm recovering from a dirt biking injury - more on that in a future post), here's what went down:

1) Bodyweight Warm-Up followed by 2-Arm KB Swings x 25 reps

2) EDT Style 1-Arm KB Snatches (sets per arm): 3 x 5, 4 x 4, 3 x 2, 1 x 5 = 88 Total Reps (w/ 6 x 1-minute rest periods interspersed between sets)

Not very good, that's about 1 rep every 45s when you break it down. Lots of rest as well because of the shoulder, so I was really trying to keep strict form.

So next Friday morning, I'll try to beat those 88 reps.

This'll be a tough battle each Friday, but it'll be a great way to start off my weekend and kickstart some fat burning before I hit all the weekend BBQs and weddings that are coming up.

Have a great weekend!

CL
FitAndBusyDad

P.S. Make sure to check back on Monday for some BIG NEWS!!!

No comments: